The Ossuary of Mount Cimone
Monte Cimone, Tonezza del Cimone
Tel. 0445 749500 (IAT Tonezza del Cimone)
In September of 1916 at 5.45, the entire top of Mount Cimone was blasted burying the entire infantry brigade of Sele. During the early post-war period the remains of 1,210 dead were recovered, buried in a single compartment constituting the actual ossuary. The Ossuary was inaugurated on 28 September 1929 with the presence of Prince Umberto of Savoy.