The beans of Posina De.Co.
Tel 0445 691392 (IAT Schio)
The agricultural production of Posina finds an element of historical pride in beans, which an agronomic bulletin of 1936 lists among the most popular on the market at the national level. The reference relates to a legume, which still goes by the name of Scalda, a term that could have a direct meaning, referring to the nutritional value of vegetables, but also roots in the language of the Cimbri, the population of German ancestry, who settled in the Middle Ages among the mountains of Alto Vicentino.
Apart from the Scalda, which is a true bean, in the valley of Posina grows also the Fasòla, which belongs to a different species, commonly called the “Spanish Bean” or the “Pope's Bean”.
The species most typical for Posina and its surroundings is the so-called “Red Spanish Bean”, a seed of vinous colour with black marks and a white-rimmed brown seed, hence the popular name of “Fasola of the devil”.
MANUFACTURERS AND RETAILERS OF POTATOES AND BEANS OF POSINA
- Azienda agricola Le Vanese, via Munari 24, tel. 0445 748266
- Azienda agricola Castelmatto, contrà Axe 1, tel. 0445 748153
- Caseificio sociale, via Macello, tel. 0445 748117
- La Botteghetta, via Munari 11, tel. 0445 748266
- Trattoria Tre Garofani, via Macello, tel. 0445 748002
- Trattoria Al garibaldino, via Sareo, tel. 0445 748023
- Trattoria All'Alpino, via Sareo, tel. 0445 748029