The Church of St. Anthony
Via Rialto 10, Marostica
Tel. 0424 524351 (IAT Bassano del Grappa)
There have been records about this church since 1383 and it is therefore a religious building dating back to the age of the Scaglieri domain (1311-1387). The construction was carried out on a site where, perhaps, there had been a hospice for pilgrims. Originally the church had a modest structure, and from 1440 the documentary sources attest to the existence of a small Franciscan monastery adjacent to the church itself.
The brothers remained there until 1656, when the convent was closed, because they were too poor and devoid of annuities. In the seventeenth century the church and the convent passed under the direction of the Confraternity of Mount Carmel. In 1730-1740 the church was renovated and expanded, as the inscription on the façade confirms, assuming its present size. Thereafter and until the erection of the parish church (1930) it was a "branch church" dependent to the archpriest church of Santa Maria.